At the longstanding Bay Area personal injury law firm Choulos, Choulos and Wyle, we have helped thousands of accident survivors throughout California get the money they deserved for their injuries. Many of our cases involve catastrophic injuries, and we have developed specific strengths in motorcycle accident, bicycle and pedestrian cases.
Whatever the circumstances of your auto wreck or other roadway accident, we want to help in any way we can. If you are able to contact us from the scene, our San Francisco motor vehicle accident lawyers will move promptly to investigate, preserve evidence, locate and interview any other witnesses, and take other essential steps to protect your rights and your case for compensation.
Actions to Protect Your Safety and Your Legal Claim
We will do our best to help you regardless of what happened at the scene, but there are many do's and don'ts that apply to protecting your right to compensation. Here are a number of important guidelines that apply after any motor vehicle accident:
- Stop immediately. Stay calm and do what you can within reason to avoid blocking traffic.
- Check to see if anyone is injured. Administer first aid if you're qualified and it is appropriate. Don't move any person who is injured.
- Call the police and cooperate fully with the officer. Only give information necessary to explain what happened. Never admit guilt or fault.
- Take pictures of accident.
- If an insurance adjuster shows up at the scene, don't give any statements and don't sign anything except a police report.
- If possible get the names, addresses and phone numbers of witnesses. Make a mental note of what witnesses say, like, "That black car was flying."
- Visit your doctor as soon as you can after the accident.
Inform your insurance company of the accident, but do not give any insurance adjuster, regardless of the company involved, any statement as to what happened or what your injuries are until you have contacted our office.
Get Our Proven Legal Team Involved: 888-787-5718
Perhaps most importantly, before signing any statements other than a police report, consult a legal professional who focuses on personal injury and motor vehicle accidents. At Choulos Choulos & Wyle, we will know what to do and we will put protection of your interests first.